A Threefold Guide for the May 2022 Elections
Do not be misled by
X a candidate’s mere popularity & family name
X other people’s biases & opinions
X outright lies & deceptions
Instead, vote based on what’s
GUIDE TO VOTE BIBLICALLY
Choose candidates who—
- are Godly, who believe in God and embody Christian values (Deut. 17:15, Pro. 29:2)
- have integrity, honorable in speech and conduct, both publicly and privately (Deut. 17:16, Pro. 16:12)
- are not corrupt, with no records of stealing from government funds or giving bribes (Deut. 17:17b, Pro. 28:16)
- have no criminal records, not involved in drugs, gambling, illegal trade, extra-judicial killings, etc. (Deut. 17:18-19, Pro. 11:20)
- are faithful and responsible members of the family, not involved in extra-marital affairs or domestic abuse (Deut. 17:17a, 1 Tim. 3:2)
GUIDE TO VOTE MORALLY
Check the candidates’—
- beliefs on truth, justice, and human rights
- attitude toward people, especially those who are poor, sick, differently abled, juvenile, elderly, women, disadvantaged, and marginalized
- transparency, especially their SALN and campaign fund sources and spending
- stand on issues such as divorce, same-sex marriage, SOGIE, abortion, etc.
GUIDE TO VOTE FACTUALLY
- Research on the candidates.
- Profile and background: Do they have the skills, training, and competence required of the position they’re running for?
- Track record: Have they performed their duties in the previous positions they’ve held? Have they delivered their promises and acted on their platforms?
- Plans and platforms: Do they have concrete, actionable, and sensible plans to address the country’s present needs?
- Research on the most crucial issues our nation is facing. Understand the issues to better analyze the proposed plans and platforms of the candidates.
Vote with biblical, moral, and factual conviction.
Vote for the right candidates.
Vote for God and for country.